Pages

November 12, 2012

Reading Good Books...

“Reading good books ruins you for enjoying bad books.”
-Mary Ann Shaffer     

I love reading good books and I could not agree more with this quote. I recently experienced such ruin when I switched from "A Song of Ice and Fire" to reading books from the Star Wars universe. George R.R. Martin is a genius, his books are thoughtful and complex. I think the first book after reading ones of this caliber would have felt like a little dull no matter what it was. Nonetheless, this geek girl still loves the ever-expanding Star Wars lore. Even though these books may never be considered literature, they are still worth the read if you are a sci-fi fan like me.

I recently finished Fatal Alliance: Star Wars (The Old Republic) by Sean Williams

               
This is one of several books that take place during the "Old Republic" in SW lore. I was first turned on to these books early this year when Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG came out. Nerd Alert! I know! The Game takes place at the same time, so it was fun to learn more about the back story associated with what I was playing. 

Just is case you are as geeky as I am, you may be interested to know that SWTOR goes free-to-play this Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment