Pages

January 10, 2013

Cookies Anyone?

The holidays are over! Hooray! Now I can get back into the real world and catch up on the blogging and crafting I didn't do through the holidays. Me and the Mister had a lot of fun moments this season. For me, one of the best parts is guilt-free cookie baking and eating!


My Mister's mom and sister came to spend a few days with us between xmas and the New Year. For their visit, I made three of my favorite cookie recipes: Peanut Butter Blossom, Swirled Sugar Cookies, and Cinnamon Almond Cookies (this last type are a huge hit with everyone else, not a personal favorite however.)

Peanut Butter Blossoms
These are one of the Mister's all time favorite cookies. He eats them all year long and was actually the one who introduced me to these wonderful little goodies in the first place.

These are, of course, rolled in colored sugar for some added holiday glam!


Swirled Sugar Cookies
I've made these before with a dash of peppermint extract, but the flavor was a little overpowering. I loved the look of the swirls, so this time I just went with a simple sugar cookie recipe.



And finally,
Cinnamon Almond Cookies
I have made these only once in the past. The first time through they were beyond difficult and I wasn't thrilled with the flavor. But then I let others try them and the reviews were raving! This time around I made a few changes and had a few more tools in my arsenal. I am still not a huge fan of the cookie itself, but the process was much more enjoyable this time.


Needless to say, I made way too many cookies for four people to ever eat. And mom and sister brought even more cookies to share. Now, however, there are several personal-sized packages of wonderful cookies living in the freezer until they are needed again.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment