Pages

May 28, 2012

Mini Oreo Cheesecakes

Last week I got the desire to make some kind of cheesecake.  Ryan loves cheesecake and I haven't made any since last summer, so it was about time.  I went to pinterest (of course) to find some options and asked him to choose his favorite.  Oreo Cheesecakes.  Good choice!

I have found several recipes for these mini cheesecakes, but a lot of them make upwards of 30 mini cakes.  This is simply too many for the 2 of us, even on a long weekend.  I could have just cut any of the recipes in half, but this recipe already did the work.  It makes 12 mini cheesecakes plus 2 slightly larger in ramekins.  I also decided that it would be fun to make half with regular oreos and half with golden.

The recipe is as follows:
  • 22 oreos (8 of each color left whole, 3 of each coarsely chopped and kept separate)
  • 2 8oz packages cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/2 c sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 c sour cream (apparently Greek yogurt works too, but I have not tried it)
  • pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 275 F. Line 12 Standard muffin tins with paper liners and prepare 2-4 ramekins (larger ones will take slightly longer for the filling to set in the oven). 
Place whole Oreo in the bottom on each lined cup (I broke several cookies to fit them in the bottom of the ramekins).
Beat cream cheese on medium.  Gradually add sugar and vanilla.  Pour in beaten eggs, in 3 parts, scraping down the sides after each addition.  Beat in sour cream and salt.
Move half of mixture into a separate bowl.  Stir in chopped cookies by hand. 
Pour into prepared tins, filling each almost to the top.
Bake, rotating halfway through, until filling is set. 22-25 min. (larger ramekins may require up to 30 min)
Cool in pans, on wire rack, 15 minutes.  Move individuals cakes to plate and chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.



The cheesecakes turned out great!  If you know Ryan, you know that he is not a big dessert fan.  Cheesecake is apparently the exception.  I got us each one of the ramekins, after finishing mine I reminded him that if he wasn't finished he needed to put it back in the fridge.  His response was "there hasn't been anything left in over 10 minutes!" I'll just take that as a compliment on my baking. =)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment