Pages

October 11, 2012

Words of Wisdom

The boy reminded me once again this week why I keep him around.

I started working evenings in September and am still trying to adjust. I wasn't really concerned with the schedule because I really, truly hate mornings! I have worked the same shift in the past as well so I thought I would be good to go. Turns out it's taking longer to adjust than I expected. 

I was feeling kind of bummed earlier in the week. I felt like I never had time to do anything. When I get home I like to relax with Ryan. It's one of the only times I get to see him now. So nighttime was ok, but I felt like my daytime hours were wasted. It seemed like by the time I got up and showered and made coffee it was practically time to get to work. I wasn't working on craft projects or do anything for me. I didn't think I had enough time to start anything and then I would start feeling guilty for not doing anything. 

When I shared my concerns with Ryan, he kindly stated that I was just being silly and I had plenty of time to work on stuff. That I needed to work on projects and do something enjoyable with the time I did have instead of worrying that I didn't have enough time. So, that very day I decided to work on the curtains. Turns out, it is not how much time I have to do something, but what I do with the time I do have that matters. Something very simple, but easy to forget. So thank you. I suppose I'll keep you around for a while longer.



No comments:

Post a Comment