Pages

October 25, 2012

Pin-spiration

I will admit that I am 100 percent addicted to Pinterest! I love just scrolling through the pretty, funny, geeky, crafty pins that other people have posted. I love being able to keep all of my creative inspiration in one place, and I love the bursts of creativity that said scrolling can ignite.

I found this tutorial for melted crayon art a while ago and pinned it away for a rainy day. I loved the technique, but I didn't know how I wanted to make it mine. 

Last week, I took a drive through Northern New York on my way to my hometown to get some new ink from my favorite tattoo artist and cousin (A post of tattoo awesomeness will be forthcoming in November). Northern New York in the autumn is one of my favorite experiences on this earth. This summer was very dry so the colors weren't as vibrant as they could have been, but the beauty was still beyond compare. Four hours with just me and this remarkable scenery stirred up my creative juices. Finally, I had an idea for how to use the melted crayon art in a way that was undeniably me. If you know me, you know that I love everything about trees! So, without further ado, here is my version of melted crayon art.










No comments:

Post a Comment