Pages

April 26, 2012

Fimo Braided Bangles

I found this tutorial on Pinterest and since I had some Fimo hanging around (from when I made this tree for my mom's birthday a couple years ago) and a day off by myself, I figured I would try my hand at some clay bangles.

Making the tree gave me a better idea of what to expect from the medium, so this time around I found the time spent softening the clay more relaxing than frustrating.





I had intended on making these 2 sets to match the dresses I made for my graduation events that are coming up next week, but sometimes things don't work out as planned.
The pink bracelets match the fabric well, but are just the tiniest bit too big for my hands.  The green ones fit great!  But, they don't match the dress.  Oh well.  I am sure someone with bigger hands then me will love the pink set, and lord knows I have enough other clothes that will match the green ones =)


On a side note.  I am officially, completely, absolutely finished with Graduate School!  This is so very exciting, but it is also a little scary.  So much of my time has been dedicated to school and homework for such a big part of my life that I need to learn what it is I like to spend time on.  Last night I literally stared at nothing for a good half an hour.  Ryan made me promise that I wasn't going to just do that forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment