Pages

August 11, 2010

Magazine Beads

I cannot take full credit for these wonderful little beads. I found a how-to on instructables.com and just ran with it. 

There is definitely a learning curve, but once I got the hang of it I couldn't stop. This is one of those projects that I can spend a whole day on and not even realize it. 


It is also great for my love of using even the smallest scraps. I use magazine pages to make coasters, but there are often small scraps of paper left over that would otherwise just be recycled. With these beads however I can now use those scraps to make a few beads from. I know I am crazy, but the variety that I get from using these scraps keeps me interested in the beads even longer.


I just love watching the beads form and the patterns that different pages will make. Color like this is so intriguing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment