Pages

October 19, 2014

Baby's First Craft Project

Mommy is a crafter, Grandma is a crafter...baby is going to be a crafter. At least he will for as long as Mommy gets to choose the activities. It seemed fitting that the little man's first craft project would be a card for his Grandma.


I love all the hand and footprint crafts that exist for remembering tiny little fingers and toes. I thought for sure me and my little one could create one easy as pie... I forgot to consider that he keeps his hands in tight little fists until he falls asleep. "No problem, I'll just wait until he is napping", I said foolishly.

Baby asleep, paint ready, I placed his hand into the paint and he instantly curled it back up into a tight, paint covered, ball. Lets consider this just one more challenge in creating a wonderful house warming card for my mom. I managed to coax his hand back open and slap it onto the card before anything other than my hands, his hands, and his little shirt sleeves received a fresh coat of paint. I consider that a win. 

Next time we'll try using his little foot...

No comments:

Post a Comment